【The Beyond Organic Series】
The king of green teas, single-origin first flush organic Sencha from the Yame region. Harvested in the first flush, this high-quality Sencha features mildly astringency, fresh aroma and quite rich flavour. Enjoy a sip of our single origin Sencha tea, a light yet brisk cup with a delicate aroma and mellow umami notes.
How to Make Sencha
Tea leaves : 2-3g per person
Hot water : 150 ml per person
Water temperature : approx 70℃/158°F
Steeping time : 60 seconds
1. Pour boiled water into a tea cup
2. Put tea leaves in the tea pot
3. Pour the water that was fallen down in the temperature to between around 70°C into the tea pot
4. Wait for 60 seconds and then pour the hot water into the cup a little by little
5. Tea leaves can be reused up to three times. Brew for a slightly shorter (20-30seconds) and use hotter water for the second infusion.
6. The third infusion, use hotter water and brew shorter (10-15 seconds) than for the second infusion.
Try Cold Brew Green Tea
Cold brew tea is sweeter, smoother, and doesn’t have bitterness!
The main elements responsible for astringency (catechins) and bitterness (caffeine) aren’t soluble at low temperatures. On the other hand, Amino acids (sweetness) are soluble in cold water. So you can enjoy the natural sweetness and umami taste of green tea.
1. Place 8~10 g of Sencha/Hojicha tea leaves into the glass bottle
2. Pour 750ml~1000ml of cold water (Soft water, Low Ph water preferred)
3. Keep it in the refrigerator for 5 ~6 hours
4. Gently shake the container before pouring it into glasses
※Higher temperature makes green tea bitter taste whilist lower temperature does make it less bitterness and more aroma
※For green tea, the longer you steep, the more bitter the taste
Organic Japanese Sencha Green Tea
Tea leaves : 80g