Recipe: “Matcha and Chocolate Terrine” *Matcha is powdered green tea
This chocolate terrine is made with white chocolate and Matcha.
This recipe brings out the authentic flavor of Matcha. Please enjoy the smooth and rich taste!
Ingredients （serving size:1 loaf）
・Lightly grease the loaf pan and line it with parchment paper
・Sift the cake flour and Matcha together
・Melt the unsalted butter in a microwave for about 1 minute
・Preheat the oven to 160℃/320°F
・Using your hands, break the white chocolate into small pieces
・Boil hot water for steaming and for a water bath
1. Heat the whipping cream in a pot on low heat. As soon as it begins to boil, turn the heat off.
2. Add the heated whipped cream, white chocolate and melted butter into a bowl. Using a rubber spatula, slowly mix until the white chocolate has melted. （*if you are unable to fully melt the chocolate through mixing, carefully place the bowl over hot water to help it melt）
3. In a separate bowl, add the eggs and sugar. Place the bowl over hot water to warm it and whisk until the egg and sugar mixture is warmed to approximately body temperature.
4. Add about 1/3 of the warmed egg and sugar mixture to the bowl containing the chocolate mixture. Stir gently until combined, and then add another 1/3. Continue to stir and combine gently before adding the remaining 1/3 of the egg and sugar mixture. Mix everything together until the texture is smooth and slightly shiny.
5. Add the cake flour and Matcha. Mix everything together until well blended.
6. Place the batter into a loaf pan. You can remove air bubbles from the mixture by lightly tapping the bottom of the pan against the countertop.
7. Delicately cover the loaf pan with aluminum foil and place it in the center of a baking tray. Pour hot water on the baking tray until the water is approximately 1cm deep.
8. Reduce the oven temperature slightly to 150℃/302°F. Cook for 60 minutes.
9. Remove the loaf pan from the oven and let it cool. Once it has cooled to room temperature, you can remove the aluminum foil and wrap it with clear food wrap instead. Keep the loaf in the fridge overnight.
10. Remove your cake from the loaf pan. For clean slices, it is best to cut with a knife heated by hot water.