Recipe : Gluten-Free Matcha Cake “Quatre-Quarts”
The French name of this pound cake- “Quatre-Quarts”- comes from adding ¼ of the four base ingredients at a time. This delicious cake is gluten-free, so even those who are allergic to gluten will be able to enjoy it.
Cooking time : 35min （excluding time for resting the dough）
Ingredients （serving size : 1 pan）Loaf pan （21cm）
・Unsalted butter : 100g
・Sugar : 100g
・Eggs （medium size） : 2
・Rice flour : 100g
・Baking powder : 3g
・Powdered green tea: 5g
・Lightly grease the loaf pan and line it with parchment paper
・Sift together the rice flour, Matcha and baking powder
・Make sure the eggs and unsalted butter are at room temperature.
・Preheat oven to 170℃/338°F
1. Place the butter into a bowl and whisk it, gradually adding the sugar in 4〜5 steps. Continue mixing until the butter is smooth and the mixture is well blended.
2. Beat one egg and add it, a little bit at a time, to the butter and sugar mixture. Continue mixing constantly to prevent the ingredients from separating.
3. Add the sifted powdered items into the batter. Mix with a rubber spatula until the dry powder is no longer visible.
4. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Smooth the surface of the batter so that it is flat, then create an indentation in the middle.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40〜50 minutes in the oven
6. Cool. Once the cake is cool enough to touch, remove the aluminum foil and wrap with clear plastic wrap. Place in the fridge overnight.
7. Remove the cake from the loaf pan. Slice with a heated knife to serve.